Sunday 23 December 2012

Liebster Award!

 
 
I was nominated by the lovely Ceri Louise from Wardrobe Misfit for a Liebster award.(Go check out her awesome blog!) I had no idea what this was but after reading about it I am very grateful she chose to nominate me :) as I think it is a fab way for bloggers just starting out,(under 300 followers) to get some recognition and also to find new blogs to read.
 
The rules are:
  1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
  2. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer 11 questions the person that nominated you sets.
  4. Nominate another 11 bloggers.
  5. Create 11 random questions for them to answer.
  6.  
11 Random Facts about Me:
  1. I am an only child.
  2. I chose the name 'English Rose' for my blog due to the fact that everyone has always called me that, probably trying to make me feel better about my pale skin and inability to tan easily.
  3. I only learnt how to boil an egg last year. (shocking for a 24 year old!)
  4. I have a cat who thinks she is a human haha.
  5. As much as I love buying things for myself, I actually hate the process of shopping!
  6. My room always looks like there's been an explosion.
  7. I am extremely impatient (although I'm trying to combat this!)
  8. I LOVE to read.
  9. I still play Super Mario all the time on my Nintendo DS.
  10. I am obsessed with pink/glittery stuff.
  11. I have a massive fear of heights.
 
My questions from Ceri Louise:
 
What is your favourite food ever?
I am a big foodie but if I had to pick one it would definately have to be a big roast dinner with all the trimmings!
 
Who's style inspires you the most? (family/friend/celeb)
I love the way Cheryl Cole dresses, I think she always looks stylish and classy these days.
 
What's your favourite perfume at the moment?
Victoria's Secret 'Angel' is one of the nicest fragrances I have smelt in a long time!
 
Do you have a favourite film of all time?
There's so many but one of my all time faves is The Hangover, it still never fails to crack me up!
 
Who was your favourite band as a teenager?
I did love my boybands, and my favourite was 'blue', I used to have a massive crush on Lee Ryan (and maybe still do haha!)
 
Where would you most like to visit?
New York! I'd actually love to travel around all the main states in America. I've never been there :(.
 
What's your favourite fashion trend at the moment?
I love anything Peplum! They are so flattering and can be dressed up or down.
 
What was the first blog you started reading?
Couture Girl by Kayleigh, I love it, I was actually trying to find a review on a product I was thinking of buying and her blog came up in the search and i've been reading it ever since!
 
What's the last book you read?
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory, I done a review on it which you can see here, and I am currently reading the second installment, 'The Red Queen'.
 
What's the most expensive fashion/beauty item you've ever bought?
My black Mulberry Bayswater bag, it retails at £595, eek! But I consider it an investment ;)
 
Do you have any pets?
I have one female cat called Bow. She is 1 and 1/2 years old, and a very spoilt princess haha. In January we are getting a playmate for her.
 
 
My Questions for my nominees:
 
  1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
  2. What is your favourite colour?
  3. If you had a choice, would you choose to be invisible or invincible for a week?
  4. What is your best memory to date?
  5. If you were stuck on an island and were only allowed 3 things, what would they be?
  6. What's your favourite beauty product at the moment?
  7. Do you have any siblings?
  8. What is the best holiday you have been on so far?
  9. What are your hobbies?
  10. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
  11. If you had to live without either hair products (including straightners!) or beauty products for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
I tag these lovely ladies :):

Nicola at Only On A Sunday
Anna at On The Dressing Table
Ember at Ember's Corner
Charlotte at Only Charlotte Sometimes
Rachael at Dreamer 46
Louise at Swirlicious Beauty
Cat at Cats Got Culture
Poppy at Lets Drive Far away
Jennifer at Beauty Confessions of a Big Girl
Daniella at All The Good Names Were Taken?
Laura at Shimmer Of Pink


Thanks again Ceri! I loved doing this :)

Not long to go before we leave the mince pies and milk out for Santa! Woo-hoo! :D
 

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for thinking of me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks so much for mentioning me :) xxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem hun! your blog is great, thank you for the follow :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Definitely jealous that you have a Mulberry Bayswater bag! Lucky lucky! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know I felt so sick after I bought it but it just had to be done! Xxx

      Delete